Saturday, April 21, 2012

Outdoor Arbor Drapes

Hello again my friends!  As spring time arrives I'm all into being outdoors...but need to spice it up a little.  I found some very inexpensive grommett panels at a favorite place I like to shop & decided to buy them for this project that has been in the back of my mind for a while...just never really put it into action until now.
Dressing up my outdoor space with Drapes
I purchase the panel about 2 months ago and couldn't make myself purchase expensive outdoor rods that had to be short.  So, I figured I would go to the hardware store-my local one here & see what my options were.  Well, by the time I got all the metal rods-galvanized pole that would have to be cut-ugh, caps, hooks etc. it was out of my budget.  So, back to the drawing board.   I was talking to my wonderful hubby & he was messing out in the garage with the sprinkler system stuff, and it dawned on me ...pvc pipe.   I asked him if they made caps on the pvc pipes & he said "yeah!"  He said I have some left over from another project, so he started pulling the caps out of his container & we had exactly the number I would need.  But the problem was...in the wind the pvc would be too light & probably blow off the holder since I wanted to be able to take them on and off!
Well, I knew pvc was hollow & decided to fill them with sand for weight!  So, off to my spray paint stash & the project is now done! 
I love how it turned out...and so easy....and the biggy was it was I didn't spend an arm & a leg!  Now we can go out to dinner with the savings....no wait, we should eat at home & en"joi" the view!
Love this ceramic lion! 
Close up of custom rods that I made

En"joi" your days!

2 comments:

  1. hi. nice site. you have shared useful information. keep up the good work! this

    blog is really interesting and gives good details.


    :Pipes and Fittings 

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its Beautiful. You shared a very good information. PVC Pipes also used in plumbing, electrical cable insulation, imitation leather, signage, inflatable products, and many applications where it replaces rubber. You just check this online shop for Supreme PVC Pipes | CPVC Pipes

    ReplyDelete

Become a Member