Thursday, April 14, 2011

Little Labeling Project for SU Ink Pads



Today I decided to get sort-of organized!  I have already forgotten how I made my lily on my lily card.   So, I am going to try to post how I do stuff so I don't forget.  That way I'll be able to refer back to myself.  Scary...I hope that is not a sign of things to come....alzheimers??? Yikes!

One of the things that can get confusing is when my ink pads are in the holder...I can't see the name of the ink.  I was "You Tubin" & saw a couple videos about labeling your ink pads.  I did mine a little different because I wanted to see if my printer would print out the color that is on the ink pad.  Well, it did great for some and others not so great....hopefully I don't need new ink in my printer, but maybe I do. You could just use black text on white ie. my Whisper White and not have as much work as the Soft Suede.  See below: 

So, this is how I did mine.
First I went into MDS (My Digital Studio) and looked for the Word Window punch, but I didn't have it. This punch works perfectly on the ink pads.  I decided to use the punch I did have called Modern Label punch.  So I applied a bunch of these punches to the page-being careful to make sure that the label paper would be lined up properly.  I filled each punch with the color of each ink pad that I have, then using white text I put the names on the colors.
I printed these out on the labels that I had. 
Using my word window punch from stampin up I punched them out.
Now I have all of my ink pad labels made.
Peeled of the back of the labels & placed them on my ink pads.

Now I'm a happy camper & en"joi"ing just looking at the great feeling of accomplishment!  Heehee!

1 comment:

  1. Great idea! Maybe I'll get ambitious and do that someday when I get a minute.

    ReplyDelete

Become a Member