Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Cactus Anyone?

This is a first for me-cactus!  I have never even attempted to plant any cacti.  Never thought cacti were all that pretty but as I get older I'm ready to try different things....I especially like the texture.  I wanted something to go with my rustic home made table and decided to plant some cacti.  I choose the ones that didn't have any stickers or thorns and yet had some visual interest.  I found a rustic container I had, took play sand and some potting soil and mixed it up...super simple and then arranged the cacti, placed a container of decor rocks around and wah lah...done.  Now, not sure how long these will last cause my wooden bowl doesn't have any holes, but I hope a while.  Now, I need advise on the watering of these little guys.  Any body out there have a green thumb for cactus?

Hopefully I can keep them alive with your help.  I'm will let you know right now I don't want to replant them in a container with holes....just sayin'...I know what I'm supposed to do...just don't want to.
En"joi" your day.

3 comments:

  1. I'm not an expert on cacti, but I love the way this looks. Your arrangement beautiful. Thanks for visiting me, and the compliment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well...I am from Arizona....you don't want to water them much...like maybe a tiny bit every couple of weeks. It looks really cute how you arranged them in the bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joi, I've never tried to grow cactus but I think your planter looks wonderful! Love the table too. Thank you for joining the Open House party.
    xo,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

Become a Member