Saturday, March 19, 2011

Wedding Cards

I have an amazing long time friend named Karen, who has been watching me learn how to create stamped cards and paper flowers....she called me yesterday about my cards.  Wow!  I was so excited.  She knows someone who is getting married!!!   Actually she needs two wedding cards.  She even wanted to know if I would sell them to her.  Of course....my first customer, it is very exciting.  So, crazy me....stayed up til about 4:35am working in my small craft world on wedding cards.  But, I was having so much fun I just couldn't stop myself. My husband thinks I'm crazy. You know,  sometimes its all about the moment.  Heres what I came up with. 
Hope you en"joi" the goodies I have created.
Just a few.  More to follow.
Here is the first one.  Simple but elegant.  How on earth will it fit in an envelope?  Well, maybe I could make a box instead.  Here's what I came up with.
A little box so the flowers don't get crushed
Now, here are some close ups of a few more cards.
Roses are beautiful & very weddingie...I know that is not a word, but oh well.
Now this one is really interesting.  Karen mentioned that the wedding invitation has silver & pearls on it, so I had to go to the store & get some gray (silver) ribbon.  The flower is also made gray (really could be any color someone would want).  I used embossing powder around the sentiment using my versamarker & clear embossing powder-I know it's hard to see the camera didn't pick up the shiny embossing around the frame.  The background is just an image I had saved.

Now this one is a gift card.  Notice the envelope that matches. 
Slide a gift card in and your ready to go!


This could be used for any occassion....wedding, birthday, celebration.  Let me know what you think in the comment section.  I still haven't had any comments yet.

1 comment:

  1. Your cards are beatiful! Thanks for sharing them. You have been a busy bee these days.

    ReplyDelete

Become a Member