Friday, April 1, 2011

Lotus Lily Card





I was put to a personal challenge, by a wonderful gal whom is doing a lot of charity work for the young women in India!  In my last post I talked about it.  She is involved in a charity dinner here in Dallas at the Texas Motor Speedway, on May 3rd to benefit these women.  Please check out my previous posting for more information.  Anyway, we were talking about centerpieces for the charity dinner & she wanted to do Lotus Flowers.  The Lotus Flower has a unique symbolism that touched my heart.  Similar to these gals in India who were forced into prostitution and the brothels, "the muck" and with the help of the charity called Red Light Rescue it helps to give the girls a refuge and rescue them from the Red Light District in India, it gives them hope.  Like the lotus flower which grows from muddy mucky dirty pond water  & becomes a vibrant beautiful flower.  The symbolism here shows that with help each person has the inherent ability to reach his or her full potential, and therefore, "bloom" in the midst of the muck. The symbolism is very touching.  If you want more info google the meaning of the Lotus Flower.  I hope you like my first rendition of a lotus flower.







 I tried to make stamens.  It looks pretty life like!


Of course now it needs a caption on the card... what should it be?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Become a Member